This is the first time that Kaitrynn stepped foot into our pool. This is the response we got. Isn't this a priceless photo. She loved it. She can't get all the way in due to her feeding tube button. I did set her on the edge and she kept kicking her feet in the water. She just loved it so..... much! It made me sad that she couldn't get in the water all the way :( . This last week we tried the power packing with the canola oil. We made it a day and a half. It didn't agree with her stomach at all. This was suppose to help put added calories to her diet. When you are vomiting all up you are not getting the added calories you need. To make a long story short we are back on the "TUBE" at night feeding her. We had a rough night on Saturday night and decreased the pump. It is so ... frustrating at times. We are trying to increase the food intake from 2 jars of food a day to 3 jars. This isn't the best scenario this far, she vomits because she is to full of food. I have tried every thing that family and friends have told me with in reason. I have bought suckers, soy yogurt, pudding, and such and she just hasn't loved it all. I have to buy soy, because she is Lactose intolerant. She loved the soy peach yogurt the other day. By nightfall she had gas from the yogurt :(. I looked on the package and said that the enzymes that are put in contain milk. I mentioned that to my Dr. and she said that it is broken down enough it schouldn't bother them? Wrong everything seems to bother our Kaitrynn. We will go tomorrow for a weight check and hopefully through this crazy week of eating and vomiting some she will have found it in her enough to gain weight. The Dr. mentioned to me on Friday that this will continue to be an up hill battle. Gaining weight for these little tike's is an up hill battle for a few years. They said to have the tube in until she is 3 or 4 years of age. I am grateful for all the help that we are receiving from the health professionals. I think If I was anywhere else then Utah, We would be up a creek with out a paddle. We are blessed to be so close to one of the best children's hospital. Stay tuned Brooklynn has her summer dance recital tomorrow night. I will post those photos then.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Kaitrynn Wading in the pool
This is the first time that Kaitrynn stepped foot into our pool. This is the response we got. Isn't this a priceless photo. She loved it. She can't get all the way in due to her feeding tube button. I did set her on the edge and she kept kicking her feet in the water. She just loved it so..... much! It made me sad that she couldn't get in the water all the way :( . This last week we tried the power packing with the canola oil. We made it a day and a half. It didn't agree with her stomach at all. This was suppose to help put added calories to her diet. When you are vomiting all up you are not getting the added calories you need. To make a long story short we are back on the "TUBE" at night feeding her. We had a rough night on Saturday night and decreased the pump. It is so ... frustrating at times. We are trying to increase the food intake from 2 jars of food a day to 3 jars. This isn't the best scenario this far, she vomits because she is to full of food. I have tried every thing that family and friends have told me with in reason. I have bought suckers, soy yogurt, pudding, and such and she just hasn't loved it all. I have to buy soy, because she is Lactose intolerant. She loved the soy peach yogurt the other day. By nightfall she had gas from the yogurt :(. I looked on the package and said that the enzymes that are put in contain milk. I mentioned that to my Dr. and she said that it is broken down enough it schouldn't bother them? Wrong everything seems to bother our Kaitrynn. We will go tomorrow for a weight check and hopefully through this crazy week of eating and vomiting some she will have found it in her enough to gain weight. The Dr. mentioned to me on Friday that this will continue to be an up hill battle. Gaining weight for these little tike's is an up hill battle for a few years. They said to have the tube in until she is 3 or 4 years of age. I am grateful for all the help that we are receiving from the health professionals. I think If I was anywhere else then Utah, We would be up a creek with out a paddle. We are blessed to be so close to one of the best children's hospital. Stay tuned Brooklynn has her summer dance recital tomorrow night. I will post those photos then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment