Kaitrynn has had a rough week with her health the last couple of weeks. I took her to the Pediatric GI Doctor yesterday. We decided that it would be in Kaitrynn's best interest to go back on the feeding tube at night. She has had a lot of gas for months and her and I are not getting any sleep. The visit also confirmed yesterday that she is Lactose Intolerant for sure. This is one of the reasons for all of the gas that she has been experiencing. Another issue is that her gut did not get a great start at birth due to the group strep B. Last night was the first night back on the tube! What is in it you may ask? The Doctor decided to put her on Lactose free Pediasure. I sat the rate at 25 cc an hour. The Doctor wants her to work up to 45cc and hour. We will get there slowly, but surely. This is how much is going into her stomach in an hour. She did really well last night. The pump didn't even seem to bother her a bit. She seemed to sleep comfortable. This will help her gut have some motility and not give acid a chance to sit in there and ferment and cause the lovely gas. This will also help her grow and get some weight on. It will also help with getting her GUT healthy. We have to get her GUT healthy as the DR. said, "Because her old man has a awful gut and we don't want Kaitrynn to experience any of that." She is 18 months old weighs 19lbs and 3 oz and is 32 inches long. She is in 12 month clothes. The Doctor did say that Kaitrynn can swim with her tube this summer. Yeah she will be able to learn how to swim this year! We are so ready for our pool to be open. May cannot come soon enough.
Over the last couple of months Kaitrynn has taken to signing. She can sign about 30 signs. She loves to watch sign time videos. This really does work great with their frustration when they cannot tell you what they want verbally. She will watch these videos and do the sign now before they even show her the sign. People think it is so cute when they see her sign. It has help me tons with her communicating to me. As a parent you have to be real consistent with it in order for it to work. She is one smart girl.
I had the wonderful chance to take Brooklynn last Sunday to the final dedication of the Draper, Utah temple dedication. It was one of those ahhh haaa moments. A time a parent is rewarded for teaching their children correct principles and seeing them worthy to enter the house of the lord. We went to our stake center and saw the temple dedicated. The feeling in our ward building was like being in the temple. She loved all the photos they showed of the temple. It was fun to answer all of her questions and hear her response. We didn't go on the tour. I didn't want to have Kaitrynn around all those people and the germs, but the dedication was just like really being there. I didn't feel like we missed out on the tour at all. She was so good and reverent the whole time. A lady from our stake commented to her after how impressed she was with her being so reverent. She wore her baptism dress. She was so excited to see the First Presidency there. It was a great experience for both of us. Brennen was gracious enough to stay home and watch our sick Kait, so Brooklynn and I could go together. We will always remember this day.
2 comments:
I'm glad Kaitrynn can swim this summer with her tube! Even though it's not fun having the tube in, I'm glad she is handling it well and tolerating the feedings! I am so glad you were able to take Brooklyn to the temple dedication! So neat! I was asking her about it at Achievement Days. That is really cool!
Tami- I am so sorry that she is having such a hard time. Haely was really tiny like that too. She got influenza B in March of 08 when she was 18 mo old. She only weighed about 18 pounds and was still in 6-12 month cloths. I wouldn't let her weight bother you. Kids bounce back so easily. She caught up really quick and is now back to normal. Well still petite, but normal.
Post a Comment