Monday, August 10, 2009

We did it !!! Provo Half Marathon!!!





My sister Kelly challenged anyone of us to run with her, this last weekend in the Provo Half Marathon. I took the 13.1 mile challenge and completed it. This was my sisters second Marathon and my first. I set to goals when starting out. 1. To run the entire race with out stopping and 2. To try to run it under 3 hrs. Both goals were met. I ran the entire race with out stopping. I also ran it in 2hrs and 53 minutes and 25 seconds. This is a great time for a 35 year old woman :). I can't even begin to explain the feeling and the since of accomplishment. It was a beautiful run! I am grateful for both of my sisters for their help and encouragement. I have already been on line looking at other races and other options. What will be the next challenge! I am addicted to running never thought I would ever be a runner when I started training in March!

No comments: